- No comments
Take the plunge: become a qualified snorkel instructor!
Sea All Dolphin Swims are running the next Snorkel Supervisors course starting on Monday 21-24 September 2015 through SSI
Please note that for this course you are required to hold a current Senior First Aid and CPR qualifications. (If you need to do this or update your qualifications Sea All Dolphin Swims will be conducting these courses through Life Saving Victoria on the Friday 25 September.)
Please take note of the following tips in regards to filling out these forms*:
- For the general booking form please complete registration form in full.
- For the Physicians Sign Off, this can be signed by any doctor who deems the student as being of general health and fitness to complete snorkelling
- (please note this does not include diving)(refer to highlighted text)
- For the Instructor manual, please fill out the name, mailing address, phone number, email, date of birth. Please only fill out these sections.
- All four forms need to be completed and returned prior to the course.
In regards to fitness requirements for this course, you need to be able to complete the following please note that these will be the most physically demanding activities during the course:
- swim 800m with mask, fins and snorkel – non stop, no arms in under 17 mins
- swim 400m on surface non stop (any stroke) with goggles only in under 10 mins
- transport another snorkeler in full gear at a quick pace for 100m in under 4 mins
- swim underwater without a mask
- Transport diver 50 m to boat, remove from water
- collect dive belt from sea floor
The majority of these fitness requirements will be undertaken at the swimming pool on the first day.
Should these requirements not be met, students will discontinue the course and will receive a partial reimbursement of course fees, less $100 in processing fees.
If you have any queries, or would like to receive the forms*, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (03) 5258 3889.